Thursday 7 February 2013

The Biggest Big 'Uns

For the second batch of Savage Orc Big 'Uns, I decided to treat myself and go straight for the big fellas.

Savage Orc Big 'Uns
The champion with the horned hat was purchased in 1998,
representing my first attempt to expand the Savage Orc army.
15 years is probably the slowest paint job I've ever done.

Three of this lot were part of the conversions I did. These models are my favourite of the unit because they are:
a) slightly bigger than regular savage orcs, being command group models, and
b) most of them are holding two weapons.


So that makes the unit, in my estimation, properly wysiwyg as Big 'Uns with additional hand weapons.

Savage Orc Big 'Uns
I didn't use the jawbone war paint for this lot, and I think it looks better
- properly skullicious (it's a word).

The other four are more of the rank and file. Actually most of them are modelled with a stone knife at their belts, so they've got additional hand weapons too - they're just being lazy sods about it.

Two-thirds of the unit done!

No comments:

Post a Comment