Wednesday 14 December 2016

Air Traffork Controller

On the fourteenth day of Advent the WoffBoot brought to me ... a blessed relief from this continued escalation!

And if you haven't heard the Christopher Lee version, I suggest you seek it as a matter of urgency

From now on, it's single models only, starting with this little drummer boy...

This poor percussionist has been sitting on the painting desk since September, so I'm glad I got the impetus of this Advent challenge to finish him off.

Ironjawz Warchanter for Warhammer Age of Sigmar

Essentially the same paint scheme as his Ardboyz buddies, with glowing bones added:
  • Armour: Black Primer, Ironbreaker drybrush, Typhus Corrosion Wash, Reza Rust drybrush
  • Skin: Elysian Green base, Drakenhof Nightshade wash, Nurgling Green drybrush
  • Gorkstikk and Morkstikk: Ushabdi Bone base, Agrax Earthshade wash, Snot Green eyes, Yriel Yellow highlights
  • Eyes: Pallid Wych Flesh
  • Horns/spikes: Zandri Dust, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Belts and Straps: Balor Brown base, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Trousers: Mechanicus Standard Grey, Nuln Oil wash
  • Checks: Pallid Wych Flesh & Chaos Black, thinned Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Base: Skrag Brown, Blackfire Earth, Flayed One Flesh drybrush

Ironjawz Warchanter for Warhammer Age of Sigmar

I did add in some Blood for the Blood God on the top of his bones, to show they'd been freshly used, but it didn't work for me, Firstly, I'm happy to keep my Chaos Army as the one dripping in gore; secondly, with the lime-green glowsticks, a topping of strawberry-red made it look like he was holding a pair of Fab lollies.

Ironjawz Warchanter for Warhammer Age of Sigmar

It's a nice model (and BIG - these Ironjaw characters can go eye-to-eye with Ogres!), although even my limited experience of AoS tells me he's not the most combat effective, unless you're fielding 40+ Ardboyz (don't tempt me...)

At least the Ironjawz are starting to roll off the production line again, now let's finish with a nice rendition of Whiplash...


No comments:

Post a Comment