Friday 15 December 2017

EXT: Coventry Carol c.1940


Sheesh. The Naughty List is just being relentless, now, I'm taking a hammering. My latest roll is a 40K ruin, but glutton for punishment that I am, I'm actually spending a CP to convert that to two rolls, so I can get the paired ruins on my commission list sorted before Christmas.




Ouch, basically - nice models, great modular kit, big and chunky results. But one hell of a slog to get through, even if it wasn't especially taxing stuff. Red and gold on the outside, black and burnt-out on the inside, like an overworked member of the Queen's Guard.


Only minor conversions here and there, and by conversion I mean snapping balustrade sections with a pair of pincers to make them extra ruined. And gluing some bits of sprue on somewhere to make a ladder. Let's be honest, scenery may be the third army on the table, but you don't necessarily want it to be the focus of the match. A good catwalk should never upstage the models, after all.


I'm weary and sore now, it's been an intense couple of weeks of painting. Please be kind, Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment