Thursday 28 December 2017

Thrope Floats


Still working on the Stormtroopers, don't worry. Here's some filler in the meantime.

Venomthrope kits also make Zoonanthropes. They share a torso and tail, but the heads are different, so I've got spare bits around. My bits box luckily contained the ancient lead torso of an original Tyranid Warrior, so I slapped some of the new plastic on it.


Until I pick up some more a) of the right size bases and b) courage, I'm not attempting a full unit of these floaty brain bugs. Starting with the single leader type, the Neurothrope, seemed like the way forward. By sticking some spare arms into the sockets, and adding a spare pair of Xenomorph arms that were left over from the AVP stuff in the summer, I've got a perfectly decent and reasonably cheap HQ choice to add to the Tyranid list.


Painting Guide:


  • As per previous Afanc Tyranids except for the brain
  • Brain - Rakarth Flesh, Carroberg Crimson and Drakenhof Nightshade washes, Ulthuan Grey layer, 'Ardcoat and BftBG on the veins


A quick watermelon paintjob, and it's ready to burst heads! Now back to the Stormtroopers.


No comments:

Post a Comment